Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cali Photoshoot

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago, I had my first "in studio" photo shoot...which coincidentally was my first "newborn" shoot as well. What a learning experience! Now, aside from the lighting (which I am still trying to grasp and figure out...I am a little stuck I think.), the shoot went fairly well. Cali (the newborn) made it out okay...she did pee on her mother (sorry Taffeney! I should have been quicker!), and really loved her Binky. Aside from that we all made it out alive!

Now, you would think that taking pictures of a newborn would be simple...they don't move! Uhhh, yeah, not so! While they are much easier to shoot than a running, jumping toddler, it still isn't simple. I assume it will get easier when I start doing it more, and get more experience in what to do, what to look for and how to capture the moments (PLUS learning more about lighting). Alas, I think I got 5 good photos out of the entire shoot, which I feel like a failure about. I just have to keep telling myself that it was my first...everything. So...here is a peak:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As always, input is welcome...

(Also, a special THANK YOU goes out to Hailey for helping me so much during it, and for teaching me a few things! Thanks to my Mom and Collette for wrangling the kiddos during the shoot...and thanks to Zane for helping in both areas. )

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! You definitely have talent for this Rachael Bree.

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael,

    I think they are amazing. I really think you have a knack for this and you trusted your instincts and they turned out beautiful!!!! Believe in yourself, you have a true talent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think those 3 you put up are fabulous as i'm sure many more are as well!! you really do have a talent for this and need to give yourself more credit!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete